Knocked Out Tooth in Lenexa, KS
Experiencing a Knocked-Out Tooth? Act Fast for the Best Outcome.
A knocked-out tooth is one of the most serious dental emergencies. If you or a loved one has a tooth that has been completely dislodged, it’s crucial to act quickly. At Dentistry for You Lenexa, we are equipped to handle such emergencies with prompt and effective care.
Steps to Take Immediately:
- Handle with Care: If you find the tooth, handle it by the crown (the part that is usually exposed in the mouth), not the root. Touching the root can damage cells necessary for bone reattachment.
- Clean, but Don’t Scrub: If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse it with milk or water. Do not scrub it or remove any attached tissue fragments.
- Try Reinserting the Tooth: If possible, try to put the tooth back in its socket. Bite down gently on medical gauze or a soft cloth to hold it in place. If this isn’t possible, keep the tooth moist at all times.
- Preserve the Tooth: If you can’t reinsert the tooth, place it in a small container of milk (or a cup of water that contains a pinch of salt, if milk isn’t available).
- Seek Immediate Dental Attention: Time is critical in saving a knocked-out tooth. Visit Dentistry for You Lenexa as quickly as possible. Ideally, a knocked-out tooth should be re-implanted within an hour of the accident.
Our Approach to Treating a Knocked-Out Tooth
At Dentistry for You Lenexa, we prioritize your dental emergency. Our team will assess the condition of your knocked-out tooth and take necessary actions which may include:
Emergency Contact for Knocked-Out Teeth
In the event of a knocked-out tooth, please contact us immediately. Fast action can significantly increase the chances of saving your tooth.
Remember, in any dental emergency, especially with a knocked-out tooth, quick response is key to the best possible outcome.
Ready For An Appointment?
Call or schedule your appointment online right now: